FUNDAMENTALS OF HERBAL MEDICINE
Gain western herbal medicine training with our online course and lessons.
Learn About Western Herbal Medicine
Australian Herbal Medicine Lessons from ASOHM
Lesson 1 — Fundamentals of Herbal Medicine and Herbal Healing
- Learn about herbal medicine and herbal healing.
- Identification, growing and collection of herbs.
- Drying and manufacture of herbal products.
- A brief review of herbal medicine and medical herbalism through the ages.
- Herbal contribution to the development of modern ages.
- Current importance of herbs to much of the world’s population.
- An examination of present scientific investigation of herbal medicines.
- The difference between pharmaceutical drugs and herbs.
- The difference between homeopathic medicines and herbs.
- A brief summary of the basic herbology course and its aims.
- The use of herbs by the lay person.
- Cautions on the collection of plants.
- The treatment of physical complaints which require professional advice.
It is estimated that more than 80% of the population in the world’s developing nations rely almost exclusively upon herbs for their wellbeing. Learn about the fundamentals herbal medicine and herbal healing, including the identification, growing, collection and drying of herbs.
Read some of our blog posts on the power of medicinal herbs and their applications here:
- Herbal Tea: The Most Ancient Form of Herbal Medicine
- Various Herbal Applications
- Herbs For Kidney, Bladder & Cholesterol Problems