FUNDAMENTALS OF HERBAL MEDICINE
Gain herbal medicine training with online course and lessons.
Herbal Medicine Course Outline
Australian Herbal Medicine Lessons from the ASOHM
Lesson 1 – Fundamentals of Herbal Medicine
- Fundamentals of herbal medicine explained.
- Identification, growing and collection of herbs.
- Drying and manufacture of herbal products.
- A brief review of herbal medicine through the ages.
- Herbal contribution to the development of modern ages.
- Current importance of herbs to much of the world’s population.
- An examination of present scientific investigation of herbal medicines.
- The difference between pharmaceutical drugs and herbs.
- The difference between homeopathic medicines and herbs.
- A brief summary of the basic herbology course and its aims.
- The use of herbs by the lay person.
- Cautions on the collection of plants.
- The treatment of physical complaints which require professional advice.